Validation Process 2022
- Validation in 2022 will be the responsibility of the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors.
- Validation tags and DNA collection envelopes will be distributed to the exhibitor’s AST for FFA exhibitors or the CEA for 4H exhibitors, upon ShoWorks payment.
- Note the tags will be distributed and assigned to an Exhibitor- Do not use another exhibitors tag as a replacement. Contact the Division Superintendent for replacements.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for installing the tag and collecting the DNA sample
- Validation package must be postmarked or delivered to the WCLA on or before October 1, 2022.
- There will be a Last Chance tagging on October 1, 2022 12:00pm at location- TBD
- Quality Counts is not needed at validation but will be needed before entry deadline
- *new Exhibitors must fill out and turn in the WCL Show Acknowledgement form with their validation packet. Form will be distributed or you can print from here and fill out
Tools you will need:
Curved/Bent Nose or Needle Nose Pliers
Y-TEX tagger (Tags are Y-TEX)
- Swine will need the Yellow Tag to be placed in the animals RIGHT ear.
- Cross Breeding Swine will need to be tagged
- Goats will need the Green Tag to be placed in the animals RIGHT ear.
- Lambs will need the White Tag to be placed in the RIGHT ear.
- *Note that if animals are to be validated for state they must leave enough room for the county tattoo to be placed in the right ear. If they have questions they can contact the CEA or Brad Noack.
Example: TAG PLACEMENT