- Validation in 2020 will be the responsibility of the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors.
- Validation tags and DNA collection envelopes will be distributed to the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors upon request and Showorks payment.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for installing the tag, collecting the DNA sample and furnishing a picture (head shot) of the animal to WCLA.
- Validation package must be postmarked or delivered to the WCLA on or before October 3rd, 2020.
- Upload of pictures back to WCLA by October 3rd, 2020.
- There will be a Last Chance tagging at the Williamson County Expo Center Parking lot in Taylor on October 3rd time TBD
- Quality Counts is not needed at validation
- When uploading pictures preface the file with Tag number_Last Name Example: 461_Smith Lamb Pic or 232_Jones_Pig
Tools you will need:
Curved/Bent Nose or Needle Nose Pliers
Y-TEX tagger (Tags are Y-TEX)
- Swine will need the PINK Tag to be placed in the animals RIGHT ear. Print and fill out the Swine Ear Notch Form found on the button below. Pictures of the Swine ear notch form (from the button below) will need to be uploaded by Oct 3rd to the WCLA Dropbox.
- When uploading pictures please preface with the TAG Number_Last Name.
- If you need access to this Dropbox email email@example.com
- Goats will need a picture taken with the BLUE Tag in RIGHT ear and uploaded to the WCLA Dropbox. Upload for pictures will open after the tag orders close. Pictures will need to be uploaded by Oct 3rd
- Sheep will need a nose print on a index card that will need to be returned to WCLA and a picture of the nose print uploaded to the WCLA Dropbox-See examples below. GREEN Tag to be placed in the RIGHT Ear
- When uploading files preface the picture upload file name with Tag Number_Last name Example: 422_Smith_Sheep
Example: TAG PLACEMENT