Validation Process 2023
- Validation in 2023 will be the responsibility of the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors.
- Validation tags and DNA collection envelopes will be distributed to the exhibitor’s AST for FFA exhibitors or the CEA for 4H exhibitors, upon ShoWorks payment.
- Note the tags will be distributed and assigned to an Exhibitor- Do not use another exhibitors tag as a replacement. Contact the Division Superintendent for replacements.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for tagging, collecting the DNA samples, and submitting the DNA samples to WCLA.
- The completed and sealed DNA sample envelopes containing the validated animal’s hair sample and the Show Rules Acknowledgement Form must be postmarked or delivered to the WCLA on or before SATURDAY September 30, 2023 by 12pm (noon). If applicable, the Approval Form for Alternate Housing is due with the validation package.
P.O Box 530
Georgetown, Texas 78627
- There will be a Last Chance tagging on September 30, 2023. Must be in line by 10:30am and validation paperwork due by 12pm (noon) at: The Pavilion behind the County Extension Office. 100 Wilco Way #AG201, Georgetown, TX 78626
- Quality Counts is not needed at validation but will be needed before entry deadline
- *NEW Exhibitors must fill out and turn in the WCLA Show Acknowledgement form with their validation packet. Form will be distributed or you can print from here and fill out
- *ALL MARKET AND BREEDING ANIMALS MUST BE TAGGED
Tools you will need:
Curved/Bent Nose or Needle Nose Pliers
Y-TEX tagger (Tags are Y-TEX)
*Note that if animals are to be validated for state they must leave enough room for the county tattoo to be placed in the right ear. If they have questions they can contact the CEA or Brad Noack.
Goat Tag Example
Lamb Tag Example
TAG PLACEMENT EXAMPLE
*If an ear tag is damaged or lost, the WCLA must be notified via email at email@example.com within 48 hours of the animal losing the tag or the tag being damaged. No animal will be retagged and eligible for the show if the WCLA or division superintendent is not notified within 48 hours. Poultry bands will only be re banded within the first 14 days after receiving the birds. Rabbits who do not have a legible tattoo must notify the superintendent at least two weeks prior to the show date. Rabbits that do not have a legible tattoo will be ineligible to show. The division superintendent will determine when the animal will be retagged. Positive identification will be checked before animals are retagged. This requirement is in addition to any requirement to contact the Extension Service regarding lost major show validation tags.