Validation Process 2021
- Validation in 2021 will be the responsibility of the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors.
- Validation tags and DNA collection envelopes will be distributed to the Ag Teachers, 4H Leaders and Exhibitors upon request and Showorks payment.
- Note the tags will be distributed and assigned to an Exhibitor- Do not use another exhibitors tag as a replacement. Contact the Division Superintendent for replacements.
- Exhibitors will be responsible for installing the tag and collecting the DNA sample
- Validation package must be postmarked or delivered to the WCLA on or before October 2, 2021.
- There will be a Last Chance tagging on October 2, 2021 time and location- 8am to 12pm behind the Williamson County Extension Office at 100 Wilco Way Georgetown, Tx. for all those not self validated, that need help. • Must be in line by 11am •
- Quality Counts is not needed at validation but will be needed before entry deadline
Tools you will need:
Curved/Bent Nose or Needle Nose Pliers
Y-TEX tagger (Tags are Y-TEX)
- Swine will need the Yellow Tag to be placed in the animals RIGHT ear.
- Goats will need the Orange Tag to be placed in the animals RIGHT ear.
- Lambs will need the Pink Tag to be placed in the RIGHT ear.
Example: TAG PLACEMENT